Svetaines struktura
2018-12-15

About The School

2012-12-12

The School began its remarkable life in November 26, 1945 under the name of Vilnius 10-year music school. In 1957 it was renamed as Vilnius special music school. For five years beginning from 1960 it was called Vilnius secondary boarding school of art. Since 1965 the School has been carrying M.KČiurlionis name.

In 1986 the School went under some reorganization - the department of choreography started functioning as Vilnius Ballet School. From 1994 to 2001 the School was called the Vilnius Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis art gymnasium. In 2001 the Minister of Education and Science reorganized the Vilnius Mikalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis art gymnasium and Vilnius Ballet School to form the National M.KČiurlionis School of Art.

The School consists of five educational departments - the four of them comprising full-time studies divisions:

  • Music Department (founded 1945)
  • Fine Arts Department (founded 1960)
  • Ballet Department (founded 1952)
  • Comprehensive Studies Department (since 1948)
  • Part-time Studies Department (founded 2008)

Keeping abreast with the implementation of educational mission there are some other administrative units:

  • Boarding school (since 1960)
  • Library and Phonoteque (Record Library)
  • In-Service Training Centre for Teachers of Artistic Education

Centre for Gifted Children There also are other opportunities for both extra-curriculum and cultural activities such as

  • Preparatory School MINIMŪZA
  • Art Galery „MŪZA“
  • Dance Theatre

Rėmėjai



Kunigas daktaras
Hans Friedrich Fischer


 



Ponia Valdereza Lenktaitis 


karoso

 

 S.Karoso labdaros ir paramos fondas


15min-logo


UAB 15min


LRT kultura

 

LRT Kultūra